eFront is the leading end-to-end software provider that changes the way the world looks at alternative investments. If you are looking for an opportunity to join talented fast-growing team eFront is the right place for you!
We are looking for :
Business Intelligence (BI) Consultant
Department : Professional Services
The BI Developer is a software engineer whose role consists in developing the reporting features required in any eFront’s FrontInvest customer application. This development activity is in the Business Intelligence field of expertise. FrontInvest (market leader product in the domain of private equity management) comprises a powerful toolset for report development, based on SAS market standard. This toolset evolves rapidly, and the BI Developers are expected to learn and adapt quickly to this evolution, as required by eFront’s rapid growth.
Reporting is an essential and highly valuable part of any FrontInvest application (such reports are used for instance by Private Equity Funds to communicate their monthly / quarterly performance to investors). BI Developers play a key role in delivering value to eFront’s customers, and it is mandatory that they deliver high quality pieces of software, understanding the impact of their work on eFront’s image and business position.
Your day would include:
· Receive and analyze specifications provided by “BI Consultants” (top level of BI expertise at eFront)
· Develop reports from these specifications. This operation comprises two steps:
· Extract data from the application data base, using eFront toolset as well as SQL, Stored Procedures
· Format report in the requested layout and file format (Excel, Word or PDF), using eFront reporting toolset, and/or Excel formatting features and/or other reporting tools of the market
· Test their developments (unit testing, integration testing, performance testing)
· Package and deliver
· Pay special attention to the various cases that may occur when their development is used in production, due to the amount and variety of data that may be encountered and to the importance of reports accuracy in any case
You will work closely with:
· BI Developers report hierarchically to a local manager, and they may report to a non-local project manager for their due deliveries. They work closely with other eFront people, mainly: other BI developers and team leaders, Consultants, Project Managers, Customer Support
· This is not a client facing role. BI developers will interface with other eFront staff
If you see yourself doing these activities then you probably have:
· University or Engineering school diploma corresponding to Master degree (4 years of university) in a software engineering field of knowledge, including significant software development practice
· 2+ years of professional experience in software development, data mining, reporting…
· Standard up to date skills in data extraction, computation and transformation, using SQL and Stored Procedures
· Use of Excel formulas and VBA macros
· Full professional proficiency in written/spoken English
Additional skills appreciated:
· Understanding of SQL performance issues (indexes…)
· Experience in BI, Data Warehousing, Reporting technologies highly appreciated: SAS, Oracle Hyperion, Business Objects, Cognos, Crystal Report, Microsoft SSRS…
· Financial / accounting reporting
We’ll also welcome more junior candidates with relevant education degree.
Why eFront is a place for you
Our multicultural environment is fueled by creative people who are driven to deliver. We are committed to provide you with an opportunity to build your career, develop and improve your skills as a part of the fastest growing FinTech industry in the world.